Work with Us
Full-time, Permanent Post based in Central London, WC1
The Wiener Library is the world’s oldest Holocaust archive and the home of Britain’s largest collection of published and unpublished works, documents and photographs relating to the Nazi era.
We are seeking an experienced and flexible candidate, with a high degree of initiative. As a key player in a small team, the candidate must be prepared to show willingness to go beyond the terms of the job description, occasionally including working additional hours.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the Director and Senior Management Team with a wide range of administrative functions, including drafting and answering letters, diary management and maintaining records.
- Administrative support for meetings of the Board of Trustees, including minute-taking.
- Taking responsibility for record-keeping of fundraising and marketing activities, including correspondence, mailings and data-base entry.
- Providing administrative support for event organisation, including managing guest lists.
- Keeping the Library’s website up-to-date using a Content Management System.
- Administration of the annual Wiener Library Ernst Fraenkel Prize.
- Overseeing building and facilities management including:
- Liaising with contractors for the organisation’s Building Management Systems.
- Working with contractors for the routine maintenance of the building.
- Liaising with security contractors and overseeing Standard Operating Procedures relating to building security.
- Responsibility for purchases and supplies.
- Liaison with volunteers and work experience students.
- Managing Human Resources records and providing assistance for staff recruitment.
- Assisting the Finance Officer in keeping financial records and preparing for the annual audit.
- Proficiency in MS Office packages;
- Proficiency in working with CRM systems e.g. Raiser’s Edge, Advantage NPF Fundraiser;
- Accurate keyboard skills;
- Excellent administrative, organisational and planning skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to work unsupervised;
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively;
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience of Data Protection issues;
- Empathy with or interest in the Library’s subject area;
- Experience of working in a small team;
- Experience of the not-for-profit sector.
This is a full-time, permanent position with an annual salary of £27,500.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate their legal right to work in the UK. Please note that The Wiener Library cannot apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship for this post under Tier 2 of the UK Border Agency’s Points Based System.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5.30pm on Tuesday 18 April 2017. Please note that due to the high volume of applications we expect to receive, we regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For an informal talk about this position, please contact Neta Lavee, Administrator, on 020 7636 7247 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit our Volunteering page to learn about various volunteer opportunities at the Library, including becoming a blogger, translator, book reviewer or tour guide.